Monday, April 10, 2023

A Snippet of M&K Sound's History

At M&K Sound, they create loudspeakers that naturally sound good and are tools that work with every genre of music or movie soundtrack, whether it be in stereo or surround.

With the release of the first satellite/subwoofer system, the David & Goliath in 1976, M&K pioneered the path into the future while other manufacturers created audio dinosaurs resembling coffin-sized boxes. The Volkswoofer, the first subwoofer with a dedicated power amplifier built in, was unveiled by M&K Sound the following year.

When Walter Becker of Steely Dan hired M&K Sound to create a studio reference subwoofer and monitoring system for the Pretzel Logic LP mixing sessions, the trip officially began. Pretzel Logic was the outcome, and it went on to become a million-selling Top Ten success and one of Rolling Stone magazine's 500 Best Albums of All Time. The result was the first balanced dual-drive subwoofer ever made.

Before retiring as Chief Scientist and Vice President of Research at Hughes Aircraft Corporation, Dr. Lester Field worked at Bell Telephone Research Laboratories and was a full professor at both California Institute of Technology and Stanford University. M&K Sound combined expertise in live music recording (RealTime Records) and loudspeaker design, heavily referencing his research and acoustics background.

The cornerstone of M&K Sound was laid by fusing innovation, critical listening, a wealth of live sound recording knowledge, and scientific technique.

M&K Sound systems were developed for prestigious studios as well as for home installations for producers, directors, actors, and recording artists as word of mouth travelled quickly throughout the music and film industries.

The groundbreaking Dolby Digital cinema and home surround format, the first public demonstration of the high-resolution Blu-ray disc format, the sound production on Star Wars Episodes I–III, as well as countless other honorable music, film, and television productions, all used M&K Sound loudspeakers.

Film, music, mastering, and broadcast companies, among others, continue to depend on M&K Sound reference monitors and powered subwoofers for their livelihood.

=======================================================================

What happened to Miller and Kreisel?

Are M&K speakers any good?

How much is a Miller & Kreisel S150?

How much is the M&K Sound X15+?

How much is the M&K x12+?

How much is a M&K X10+ subwoofer?

How much is a M&K ss150?

How much is M&K S150 THX?

What are the best subwoofer?

What size subwoofer is best for deep bass?

What is the hardest hitting subwoofer in the world?

What subwoofer has the deepest bass?

What are the hardest hitting subwoofers on the market?

What is the hardest hitting 12 inch subwoofer?

What is considered deep bass?

What subwoofer frequency is the best?

What frequency should I boost my bass?

What is the hardest bass to play?

Which bass is the most aggressive?

What is the easiest bass to learn?

What songs hit hard on subs?

What song has the craziest bass?

What song has the most bass ever?

What will make my subs hit harder?

How do I get more punch out of my subwoofer?

How do I make my sub bass sound fuller?

How do I make my sub bass more punchy?

What is the best compression settings for sub bass?

What makes bass louder?

Why put foam in a speaker box?

Will a bigger box make subs louder?

Will a higher watt amp make my subs louder?

What wattage is loud enough for bass amp?

What hits harder 2ohm or 4ohm?

What is a good subwoofer wattage?

What is the best amp wattage for bass?

What watts should you run 2 12 inch subs at?

Do higher watt subs hit harder?

Can you give a subwoofer too much power?

What happens if a subwoofer is underpowered?

Is it better to overpower or Underpower a subwoofer?

Should I face my subs up or down?

Should I get a ported or sealed subwoofer for music?

Do subs sound better in a box?

Does a sealed or ported box hit harder?

Why do people put subwoofers outside the box?

What sounds better a ported or sealed box?

What happens if ported box is too small?

What makes the best subwoofer box?

What gives more bass ported or sealed?

Which gives more bass woofer and subwoofer?

What is the disadvantage of ported speaker?

Does polyfill make bass deeper?

Why does heavy bass feel so good?

What makes bass sound better?

How do I make my bass deeper on my amp?

What gives a speaker deep bass?

What is the best amplifier setting for bass?

What is the best bass boost level DB?

What Hz is best for deep bass?

What EQ is best for Max bass?

How loud should mid bass be in a mix?

What should be the loudest in a mix?

What should my bass mid and treble be at?

Should a mix be loud or quiet?

How loud should my mix be before I master it?

Why don't my mixes sound good?

Why do my mixes always sound quiet?

How do I make sure my mix sound good on all speakers?

Should the vocals be louder than the mix?

How do you make a sound stand out in the mix?

How do you mix sound like a pro?

Why do my mixes sound harsh?

How do you make sound crisp?

What is the best vocal chain?

How do you get rid of Muddiness in vocals?

How can I thicken my sound?

How can I make my sound more powerful?

How do I make my audio even louder?

How do I make my live vocals sound professional?

What reverb is best for vocals?

Why do my vocals sound so bad?

What effects are best for vocals?


No comments:

Post a Comment