Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Listen now to my voice; I will give you counsel. — Exodus 18:19

 When Moses received some much-needed guidance from his father-in-law Jethro, he was far from a youngster. He noted that if Moses kept attempting to do all of the judging for the children of Israel on his own, he would soon burn out. It was for this reason that he informed Moses, "The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone" (Ex. 18:18). It would have been simple for Moses to say, "Look, Dad, I'm in control here. I am competent in my work. Since I've been around for a while, I've also developed some wisdom. Instead, he carefully listened and divided the job as Jethro advised. Things moved more smoothly as a result, and the work was completed more quickly.

God has built the world in such a way that each of us has access to strong, sage resources in the elder individuals in our life. Never disregard their knowledge and sound counsel. We can gain knowledge from experience.

Make use of experience to learn from youth's blunders. The older saints who believe God's Word have fought the wars you are currently engaged in and have traveled the roads you are currently following. Their wisdom teaches truth and justice.  

======================================================================= 

What is difference between advice and advise?
Is it please give me advice or advise?
What is an advice example?
How do you use advice vs advise in a sentence?
How do I use advise in a sentence?
Is it she always gives me good advice or advise?
Did he give me much advice or an advice?
Which sentence can be used for giving advice?
How do you tell someone they gave good advice?
What's another way to say good advice?
How do you say give me some advice?
What is the best advice you ever gave someone?
Can I give you an advice or a piece of advice?
Could you kindly advise on this matter?
Should is a word used to give advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment