Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest on me. — 2 Corinthians 12:9

An realisation of our own vulnerability would have to be something we love to loathe more than the haughtiness of others. We hate it so much that we find excuses for our own shortcomings. 

Even the apostle Paul required a reminder of his own vulnerability. He was repeatedly wounded by a "thorn in the flesh" (2 Corinthians 12:7). Three times he pleaded with the Lord to take it away, but his prayer was denied. Instead, he tapped into God's abundant grace by means of his thorn.  

According to the Lord's assurance in v. 9, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness" (v. 9). 

We can be powerful weak persons in Christ as long as we acknowledge our weaknesses.

To understand God's power, we must first understand our own.  May God's Word be firmly established.

Hour after hour, in my heart

So that everyone can see that I win

only by means of His might.  


======================================================================= 


What does thorn in your flesh mean?
What is the thorn in the flesh in the Bible?
What are examples of thorns in the flesh Bible?
What Paul says about thorn in the flesh?
Who did God give a thorn in the flesh?
When God doesn't remove the thorn?
Why did we get rid of the thorn?
What was Paul's weakness in the Bible?
What does it takes a thorn to remove a thorn mean?
What is the explanation of thorn?
How do you remove a thorn?
How do you heal a thorn?
What happens if you leave a thorn in your body?
Will thorn come out on its own?
Will a thorn come out by itself?
Can I leave a thorn in my skin?
Can thorns infect you?
How do you remove a thorn under your skin?
How do you know if a thorn is infected?
How do you remove a deep thorn?
What does an infected thorn look like?
Is it bad to get pricked by a thorn?
How do I know if I have a thorn in my skin?
Can a thorn cause swelling?

No comments:

Post a Comment