Wednesday, August 16, 2023

I have heard of You . . . but now my eye sees You. Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. — Job 42:5-6

 Like the majority of Christ-followers, I aspire to live a life that is pure, thankful, compassionate, forgiving, reverent, and submissive to God. However, I am also aware of my own sinfulness and how reliant on God's mercy and grace I am. 

Job was described by the Lord as "an upright and blameless man, one who fears God and shuns evil" (Job 1:8). Nevertheless, Job admitted after all of his suffering, "I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes" (42:6). Without the mercy of God, he was aware of who he was. 

Many persons can be categorised as "good" from a human standpoint. However, God is aware of the spiritual stupidity, disobedience, blindness, selfishness, and hatred that exist within each and every one of us. 

We also comprehend why a "good man" like Job claimed he abhorred himself when He opens our eyes to see ourselves as He does. 

Help us, Lord, to do good things without ever losing sight of the fact that we are inherently wicked and unworthy of Your favour. We are grateful for the mercy You extend to us through Christ.
 
There is nothing to brag about, not even for the greatest. Teach me, Lord, my true state; draw me to You like a little child; may I never place my faith in my own goodness; only in Your grace shall I abide.  


======================================================================= 


What does Shun mean?
What is another word for shuns?
How do you use shuns in a sentence?
What does shunned mean in English?
Is shun a negative word?
Why do people shun?
Is shunning cruel?
Is shunning abuse?
What is the trauma of shunning?
What is shunning in psychology?
How do you overcome being shunned?
What does being shunned do to a person?
Is shunning permanent?
What are the long term effects of shunning?
What are the side effects of shunning?
Why am I shunned?
What is an example of shunning?
Where does shunning come from?
How do you deal with being shunned by family?
What is it called when someone is shunned from society?
What does it mean to shun evil?
What are the 3 types of evil?
What is the opposite of shun?
What should we shun?

No comments:

Post a Comment