Thursday, August 10, 2023

Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. — Galatians 5:16

 Why is it that some of the nicest things in life, like holiness, obedience, Spirit-control, and faith, for example, can sound so unpleasant to us? Why do they so frequently cause a yawn instead of tear-filled eyes of gratitude? Maybe we've underestimated their worth. 

Consider all that these ideals can achieve for us. True Spirit-control won't involve lying on a tax return, abusing a child, or betraying a spouse. A person who is under the direction of Christ isn't even likely to kick the family dog or watch the best of intentions vanish while watching television. 

Living a holy life is a daily struggle for every Christian (Gal. 5:17). 

Has it recently seemed too challenging to follow the Holy Spirit's leading moment by moment? It's likely that we've been undervaluing what ought to be most important to us. The price for both ourselves and our loved ones could be quite high.

If we find ourselves succumbing to temptation often, perhaps it's time to evaluate what's most crucial. Instead of forsaking the best parts of life for the impulsive, destructive impulses of the flesh, it is time to learn how to walk in the Spirit.


=======================================================================


Is yawning trying to get oxygen?
Does yawning indicate a lack of oxygen?
Is it good for you to yawn?
What causes yawning?
Does yawning mean lack of sleep?
Does yawning mean you're tired?
Why can't I finish a yawn?
Does anxiety make you yawn?
Why do my eyes water when I yawn?
Why the tears are salty?
What happens if you yawn with your eyes open?
Why do we tear up when we cry?
Is it bad to hold your tears?
Is it good to hold your tears?
Is it OK to cry happy tears?
Why do I smile when I'm sad?
Why do I cry so easily when someone yells at me?
Why do I cry when I'm proud?
Why do I cry so easily?
Why do I like to cry alone?
Why do I cry when nice things happen?
Why do I feel like crying when talking to someone?
Why do I cry harder when someone hugs me?
Why do I cry more when someone asks if I'm okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment