Thursday, August 10, 2023

When he came to himself, he said, ". . . I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, 'Father, I have sinned.'" — Luke 15:17-18

 My secret is that I need God because I'm sick and can't survive on my own. I need God to enable me to give because I no longer appear capable of doing so; to be kind because I no longer seem capable of being kind; and to love because I seem incapable of loving.  

Jesus related the parable of the prodigal son, in which a son ran away and squandered his inheritance. He took a job caring for pigs once his money was all gone. He'd hit rock bottom. He was sitting there among the pigs, his stomach growling with hunger. He pondered his family, his father, and the workers his father had employed. Following that, "he came to himself" (Lk. 15:17). 

My secret is that I am sick and can no longer survive on my own; I need God. I need God to help me give because I don't seem to be able to do it anymore; to help me be kind because I don't seem to be able to be kind; and to help me love because I don't seem to be able to love anymore. 
 
In Jesus' parable of the prodigal son, a young man ran away and squandered his inheritance. He obtained a job caring for pigs when all of his money was gone. He'd reached the bottom. He was sitting there, surrounded by pigs, his stomach growling in famine. He reflected about his family, his father, and his father's hired men. In response, "he came to himself" (Lk. 15:17). 


======================================================================= 

What is Douglas Coupland known for?
Is Douglas Coupland still writing?
What did Douglas Coupland write?
Where was Douglas Coupland born?
What is the meaning of coupland?
Where does Douglas Copeland live?
Where is coupland castle?
How many books has Douglas Coupland written?
Where does Douglas Stuart live?
Is Shuggie Bain based on Douglas Stuarts life?
Is Shuggie Bains Based on a true story?
What happened to Douglas Stuart siblings?
Could Shuggie have saved Agnes?
Where is Shuggie Bain based?
Where is Pithead Shuggie Bain?
What happened to leek in Shuggie Bain?
What is a pithead?
What Scottish words are used in Shuggie Bain?
What is the most Scottish thing you can say?
What is the most famous Scottish word?
Why are people called Hugh called Shuggie?
Is Shuggie Bain Catholic?
What is the Irish version of Hugh?
What does Shug mean in Scottish?

No comments:

Post a Comment